Full- Or Part-time Education

If you choose to keep full-time studies after Year 12, then there are many academic, skills-based and work-related qualifications you can employ to get into a higher education.
Typically, you will need qualifications at the level 3 on the NQF. For UK students, it usually means an Advanced Diploma, A Levels, NVQs, GCEs in some applied subjects and BTEC National Certificates and Diplomas.
Also, you can count the Key Skills qualifications to your application. Actually, these are the basic skills, which employers need the workers to have. Those students from outside the UK can apply for the courses with such qualifications as the Irish Leaving Certificate, European Baccalaureate and International Baccalaureate.
In case you would like to begin work after the Year 12, then an apprenticeship may be a great route into a higher education. You will usually have to choose an Advanced Apprenticeship. It leads to the NVQ at the level 3. As an apprentice, you can study for Key Skills, technical certificates and other qualifications that are relevant to your work. These can count to entry into a higher education as well.

For some courses such as many Foundation Degrees the institution that you apply to can look at the work experience and qualifications you have.

When you decide on going for higher education, then there is financial assistance accessible. For the full-time courses, you may apply for college student loans to cover your living costs and fees. You will not have to begin paying these back unless you have left the course and earn about ?15,000 per year.

This entry was posted in Diplomas. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *